Parks & Recreation
The mission of the Dinwiddie County Parks and Recreation Department is to provide safe, clean, ever improving facilities while offering diverse year round leisure and recreational opportunities for all demographics which enhance the physical, social, emotional well being and quality of life for all residents of Dinwiddie County.
The Parks and Recreation Department is committed to continuing to provide safe and fun recreational opportunities amidst the Coronovirus Pandemic. We are excited about the activities and amenities that we are able to offer, which are listed below. Come and join us as we continue to find safe ways to play in Dinwiddie County!
Upcoming Programs and Events
- Blastball Registration ends March 11, 2022 (ages 3-4)
- Spring Soccer Registration ends March 11, 2022 (ages 4-17)
- 7v7 Flag Football Registration ends March 11, 2022 (ages 5-14)
- Athletic Field usage and rentals by reservation at the Sports Complex.
The Parks and Recreation Department will continue to follow the guidelines set by the Virginia High School League. VHSL guidelines will help provide a safe environment for all athletes, coaches, staff and fans. We will continue to post new VHSL information as we receive updates from the league.
- Eastside Community Enhancement Center
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday 11:00 am -7:00 pm
- Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday 11:00 am -7:00 pm
- Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday 11:00 am- 7:00 pm
- Open Amenities: Main Offices, Exercise Rooms, Lounge Areas, Facility Rentals, Outside Athletic Fields, Playground, Picnic Shelter and Game Room/Youth Lounge
- Hours of Operation:
- Robert and Betty Ragsdale Community Center
- Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 7:00pm
- Open Amenities: Main Office, Exercise Rooms, Lounge Area, Facility Rentals, Picnic Shelter and Game Room
- Sports Complex
- Monday - Saturday 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Concession Stand (limited operations based on schedule)
- Historic Dinwiddie Courthouse (outside courtyard area only for private rentals)
- Monday - Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- General Fitness Classes
- Pop Line Dance
Please contact the department for social distancing requirements.
Curbside book pick-up available at all ARLS Dinwiddie Library Locations
Leave a Legacy Donation Program - Thank you for your interest in donating to the Robert and Betty Ragsdale Community Center. Your selfless donation will help enhance the community center’s amenities. For donor markers, the center will feature a prominent wall display in the main foyer and each leaf will be inscribed with the donor name. Different colors of the metallic leaves will be used to demarcate the level of gift being recognized. The tree can grow over time to acknowledge new donors.
Leave a lasting legacy and make a difference!!!
Department Activities and Functions
Our Athletics division strives to provide quality youth athletic programming to our citizens at an affordable cost. We offer many different girls and boys sports leagues, camps and tournaments, while providing top notch uniforms, and playing facilities. With the Dinwiddie County Sports Complex opening in the early summer of 2011, our young athletes play and compete on some of the best facilities in the state of Virginia, which has afforded us the option of opening even more diversified opportunities to our young athletes.
Our Cultural and Special Events division strives to provide quality programming and special events to our diverse population of citizens in Dinwiddie County. This division strives to provide quality programming for toddlers, pre-schoolers, teens, adults and our active adult populations. In addition, the division takes the lead on such special events in the county including; the Dinwiddie County Fair, EGGstravaganza, Outdoor Movie Series, Celebrate the Season in Dinwiddie, and the Five Forks 5k. These events, while still young in their inception, draw a combined 25,000 people annually.
The County Public Works Department and the Parks Services division strives to provide the county with pristine recreational facilities. The Park Services division takes care of the Dinwiddie County Sports Complex and its turf management program. The division also oversees keeping the Eastside Community Enhancement Center, the Ragsdale Community Center, the McKenney Gymnasium and the Historic Dinwiddie Courthouse as top notch facilities as well. The division is also active in helping with setup and oversight of cleanliness of all special events such as tournaments, outdoor concerts, and the County Fair.