Voter Registration Office
|Citizen Portal - VA Voter Record Access(Click to Access)
• Register or update your registration
• Apply to vote absentee
• View your polling place and election district
• View your absentee ballot status
• View your voting history
• General Elections - 22 days before the election -
October 12, 2021
• Primary Elections - 22 days before the election
• Special Elections - 14 days before the election
• Special Elections Called by the Governor - 7 days before the election
The Secretary of the Commonwealth is responsible for assisting the Governor in a number of capacities which include the restoration of civil rights process. The restoration process includes the right to vote, as well as the rights to become a Notary Public, serve on a jury or run for public office. To be eligible for restoration of civil rights, an individual must be free from any term of incarceration resulting from felony conviction(s).
To learn more about the process, request your rights be restored, or to check the status of your civil rights, please visit the Secretary of the Commonwealths website at restore.virginia.gov or by calling 804-692-0104.
Once your rights have been restored, you may complete a voter registration application in our office or on the Department of Elections website. Please, keep in mind, restorations do not immediately transfer into our system. Please, call our office for more information prior to applying. We may request a copy of your restoration documents in order to register you to vote.