Dinwiddie County offers benefit eligible employees an Open Enrollment period each year to review their current benefits and make elections for the upcoming plan year. During Open Enrollment you are allowed to add, remove, or change the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Securian Financial (formerly Minnesota Life) Optional Group Life Insurance
- Davis Vision Insurance
- Deferred Compensation (VALIC & Nationwide)
- Supplemental Insurance Services (Aflac & Colonial Life)
You may make changes to some of your benefit elections during the year if you have experienced a certain type of Qualifying Mid-Year Event (QME). We require your request for a change to be received within 30 days of the event.
Open Enrollment is also a great time of the year to verify:
- Contact Information (PDF)
- Federal (PDF) and State (PDF) Tax Withholdings
- Direct Deposit Authorization (PDF)
- VRS Designation of Beneficiary (PDF)
- VRS Hybrid Designation of Beneficiary (PDF)
Open Enrollment Help
Human Resources will be available to help with benefit questions and help with reviewing or making benefit changes via phone or during our office hours. We are located in the Dinwiddie County Government Center, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 p.m. It is imperative that you speak with a representative on or before the end of the scheduled Open Enrollment time period if you need to make changes.
Health and Dental Insurance
For FY20, we will continue to offer The Local Choice Key Advantage 1000 and The Local Choice High Deductible Health Plan both with a choice of comprehensive or preventive dental coverage. If you are not making any changes to your health and dental insurance plan, a new enrollment form is not required at this time unless instructed by Human Resources. There are no benefit changes; however, there are enhancements.
Which Health and Dental Insurance Plan is Best for Me?
We highly recommend that all benefit eligible employees review a comparison of health and dental plans carefully to determine which plan may be best for their specific situation. Please take time to use these additional resources to help assist you with your decision:
2019-2020 Health and Dental Insurance Rates (PDF)
The Local Choice Key Advantage 1000 (PDF)
The Local Choice High Deductible Health Plan (PDF)
Dental Dental of Virginia - Comprehensive or Preventive Coverage (PDF)
Securian Financial Optional Group Life Insurance
Upon employment, the County provides full time employees Basic Life insurance equal to two times your annual salary at no cost. You are eligible to purchase additional coverage for yourself as well as elect coverage on your spouse and dependent children.
If you are interested in coverage or would like to make changes, please read the Optional Group Life Insurance Summary of Plan Provisions Booklet, then complete the Enrollment Form and Evidence of Insurability (PDF) (if applicable).
It's never too early or late to start retirement planning. With vendors Nationwide Retirement Solutions (PDF) and VALIC, you have the ability to setup a deferred compensation plan as a tax-advantaged way to invest for potentially more retirement income. Financial advisors will be able to explore your applicable investment options with you. Please inform Human Resources of your interest.
Supplemental Insurance Services
Each individual's lifestyle and needs are different from the next; therefore, personal insurance products may be needed. Our vendors Aflac (PDF) and Colonial Life (PDF) offer a broad range of benefit options for you and your families with optional plans including life, disability, accident, hospital, special risks (such as cancer and/or critical care) and supplemental health. Agents will be able to review voluntary insurance policies available with you. Please inform Human Resources of your interest.
Points of Interest
Anthem's enhanced system brings you a better experience. Member enhancements will include:
- Simplified ID card format
- ID Cards are available online at anthem.com or the Anthem Engage Mobile App
- Effective July 1, 2019, pharmacy benefits for the TLC Key Advantage and HDHP plans will be managed by Anthem Pharmacy, delivered by IngenioRx. If you are currently enrolled, you should have received new ID cards; please use this card immediately. There will be a mass issue of another ID card mid-June; please use this card as of July 1st.
- Redesigned Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- More user friendly and once a month
- Useful information available 24/7
- Access information on the Engage App
- Benefit information, claims summary and details, Care & Cost Finder